Friday, December 2, 2011

Good Blogmates

One of the highest compliments you can give a player is call him a great teammates.  Softball/Baseball is a game of failure and it helps to have good teammates that are honest and supportive to help you through the hard times.  Life is no different as the saying goes  "that's what friends are for".

Recent Blogs have me starting to lose my sense of humor as everything is so tense and gloom.  I get my fair share of blog comments that usually run the full spectrum from funny to sad, bland to controversial, ignorant to brilliant and so forth. Recently, I have gotten an overwhelming amount of positive comments from my fellow Blog Mates that have me feeling much more upbeat, calm, and relaxed. 

Comment # 1 - Keep The Faith Ricky. You're too good of a person not to reach your goals. Sometimes it just takes longer than we want.

Comment #2  - Oh, Ricky. I know the wave that's crashing in on you right now. And I know more than a few people (myself included) feeling trapped by the times we are living through. Bad economy and a political environment that seems intent on making it worse. Then winter comes and no more ballgames and since the game is what some of us have to make the harshness of life recede for a bit, hopelessness can start to overwhelm. Don't despair, my friend. There is always something you can do without having to ask anyone's permission. I've decided to use the next three months to acquire some new skills that might make a difference in my economic situation by the time spring arrives. In the meantime, I'm taking every scrap of a job I can dig up and working for less money than I have had to take for 20 years. But right now, it's better than nothing. And by the time I've taken a few classes, spring will be here. And with it, renewal of the game and who knows, lots of other possibilities. As JIM SAYS ABOVE, KEEP THE FAITH, Ricky. Better days are coming and you are not alone.

Comment #3 - I don't knowbut from reading his post addressing your concerns he sounds like someone who is going to achieve great success in the business world. He is a realist, a go getter and an individual that will do what it takes to get ahead in spite of the obstacles ahead. He has a spirit that is positive and contagious. Good luck

Comment #4 - Remember Ricky, you're never too old to learn new things away from the business world. At 49 I learned to play guitar and now I play every day as I work from home. There are probably many things you're not involving yourself with that you could because of the stresses you speak of. Take a deep breath and step back. Things come easier that way. Find other things until the right thing comes along in the business world. You're a great guy. trelax. It'll come when you stop looking so hard. Distract yourself.

Comment #5 - I hear you Ricky. As it's been said before, every one of us has our own struggles. Don't feel sorry for yourself. Get some rest. Clear your mind. Remind yourself what it is you want, and then do the things you think you need to do to get there. It can be done.
Comment #6 - Times are hard Ricky right now and you are not alone. Take some time to reflect on what makes you happy in life. My suggestion would be if you can get away for a few days and relax, maybe a different setting is what you need. Also if you have time volunteer at your local hospital, or community center;sometimes just keeping busy can help you focus. Good luck and remember have faith.
 
You guys are Great Blog Mates Thank You

No comments:

Post a Comment