- Highlanders – for all the talk about them being goons, several players called me after our game the other night to give me positive shout outs.
Very Classy.Hell I even heard John Sheppard heckling and cheering for me on the same play.
Speaking of the recently retired John Sheppard
I recently caught up with him as he was relaxing on a Sunday afternoon
John is too young too retired. He will be back.
- Bob League isn't the Bob league anymore – 54th street is wide open this year. At least 3-4 top teams with real chances and plenty of teams that can spoil you if you don’t come ready to play. People are into it. Too bad home plate on field 2 is a death trap.
- 100 At bats – you know where you are after 100 at bats -– If the head is wrong, the body will follow
- You get the pulse of which team you play on is hungry and which is not. Same thing with Management. If the head is wrong, the body will follow
- Superstar players on Choice Parts don't act like Superstars - they hustle and play hard
- Speaking of Choice Parts - Check out John Miranda candy store on any given Sunday
I can't believe I used to think Miranda was a bad guy. I was so wrong. Very nice/funny. Beast hitter playing through a tough injury all year. Good taste in music too
- he vibes all day
- he vibes all day
- Be careful when your managers says "Wait until all our guys to show up". Sometimes they don't show
- On the other side of that, be careful when guys complain "We have too many guys". Creates an atmosphere where guys don't root for one another.
- It's getting late early - Father's Day is the time of year for forfeit avoiders to play. Headcounts are tight. Many teams dig deep now for reinforcements,
- Legends in NY Fast Pitch are a team to watch they added Lou 22.
- Parity in Big Apple. Any given Sunday
- There is a line somewhere between stats, eye tests, and instincts – so fine
- Gil trying his best to be hated by everyone - and succeeding. Noble Avenue this year has been trying, painful, and disorganized.
- Truest statement ever said “50% of baseball is 90% mental”
- Softball gods exists - I see it every day. Respect yourself. Respect the Game. I saw the best and fastest player in the league the other day hit into a triple play after he failed to hustle after a ball. The softball gods vengeance is cruel and does not discriminate.
- A better word for Chemistry is Cohesion.
- Westies morning team is Jekyll and Hide. Good guys though. Glenn R is a class act.
- Legacy is important, but it's not about what he leave behind. It's about how we live. How we play.
- What is a slump?
- What do you Say to someone you hate - answer nothing
- I know I'm late but I want to give a shout out to Jack Mulcachy
of the Performing Arts Softball League for being on Fox 5 - Check it out at http://www.myfoxny.com/story/25458496/central-park-softball-league-for-performing-artists?1
- Old School shout out to the Spurs - great Championship
- Speaking of Old School. Like most Tuesday teams, getting 10 guys to show up is a mission. Tuesday is a fun day to play. For some reason, obscure Tuesday's are the best escape from reality you can experience.
- Confidence - Is the most powerful softball steroid you can posses/take
- I turn 45 today.